- ASCA’s Student Council Representatives for the 2016-2017 school year are as follows: Peter Cifarelli and Hannah Delaney, 7B; Naomi De Leon and Nicholas Rodriguez, 7A; Gavin Skowronski and Christian Weening, 6B; Quincy De Leon and Gianna Servodio, 6A; Andrew Diaz and Eric Tonne, 5B; Bianca Lumang and Erin McNulty, 5A. Our Student Council Executive Officers include: Gregory Van Sant, President; Landon Paradine, Vice President; Amber Kelly, Spiritual Director; Brigid McCabe, Secretary; and A.J. Bianciella, Treasurer. The Student Council representatives and officers will be installed on November 1, the Feast of All Saints. These student leaders will facilitate many service projects for our school this year along with assuming many other duties such as morning announcements.
- Progress reports have been sent home for the first trimester.
- ASCA’s Annual Halloween Parade will be on October 31, at 1:30 PM. Students in grades PreK-3 through four will wear their costumes. Classes will have individual celebrations afterward.
- Our school continues to collect box tops and soup labels for education. This collection enables our school to purchase equipment for physical education classes. We also collect pop tabs from aluminum cans which are donated to Ronald McDonald House Charities.
A.S.C.A.’s Student Council participated in Make A Difference Day with their October 14th Food Pantry Collection. Students donated over 270 nonperishable food items. Pictured are 7th Grade Representatives preparing canned goods for packaging.
- Students attended mass on Friday, October 7, the first Friday of October. The liturgy was preceded by the recitation of the living rosary to commemorate October as the month of the rosary.
- All students attended an assembly themed “Service” which was the word of the month for September. Students of the month who best demonstrated service to others are: Penelope Carrington, Aria Jamilano, Andrew Scheper, Ethan Pagnani, Hailey Pascarella, Quinn Iszczyk, Gia Logan, Raiden Doherty, Theodore Santos, Amanda Hitlan-Oleson, Alyssa Schmidt, Gracey Iszczyk, Samantha Russell, Maggie McCabe, Jessica Van Sant, Kelly Hester, Jon Sumague, Christian Weening, Brandon Maniego, Christopher Ponczek, Brigid McCabe, and Amber Kelly.
- A select group of eighth graders are attending Project Accelerate Art Classes at Marist High School on Friday mornings. Students participating in the program are: Connor Burke, Brigid McCabe, Kaine Malachi, Alec Martinez, and Anthony Bianciella. We are grateful to Marist High School for offering this opportunity to our students.
- Bayonne’s finest visited ASCA during the month of October for Fire Prevention Month. The firefighters instructed the children in grades PreK through eight in fire safety. Students in grades kindergarten through eight participated in the Bayonne Fire Department’s Fire Prevention Poster Contest.
- Friday, October 28, will be a “Pink Out” day at ASCA, coordinated by our school nurses, Mrs. Hansen and Mrs. Macanka. Faculty and staff will wear pink and contribute donations to help the Madeline Fiadini LoRe Foundation in its quest to conquer breast cancer.
- The Spirit Club sponsored a collection of new and gently used coats and jackets. The donated items were contributed to the Coat Drive coordinated by St. Vincent DePaul Parish.
- The Home School Association sponsored a Halloween Costume Drive. New and gently used Halloween costumes were donated to Hope House in Jersey City, a shelter for single Moms and their children.
- ASCA’s Student Council sponsors a collection of nonperishable food items and paper goods during the month of October to coordinate with “Make A Difference Day”. Items collected are donated to various parish and community food pantries.
- The Home School Association will sponsor a Trunk or Treat Halloween celebration on Saturday, October 29, from 2:00-4:00 PM. This annual event will be a fun time for all!
A big THANK YOU to the Bayonne Fire Department, especially the firefighters from the 4th Street Station, who came to talk to ASCA students about Fire Prevention on Friday, October 14th. The students had a blast spraying the fire hose and learned invaluable information to keep themselves and their families safe!
Look who was at the ASCA track meet!
On October 3rd Student Council Homeroom Representatives for Grades 5th through 7th were elected by the A.S.C.A.’s student body. Representatives must be in academic good standing and deliver their platforms in front of the student body. They embody A.S.C.A.’s motto of “Faith-Respect-Faith-Service.” This academic year A.S.C.A. saw it’s largest contingency of candidiates with over 35 students running for 6 positions. Student Council Officers were elected on May 23rd. Congratualtions to all those who ran and to all who won.
This week we celebrate Hispanic Heritage month. Thank you to the families who have loaned us their family heirlooms and artifacts to display in our entry hall.
This Wednesday, September 21, 8th grade parents are invited to attend our second annual High School Expo at 6pm. ASCA’s Back to School Night is also scheduled for this Wednesday at 7pm. Parents in grades 1-8 are asked to be in attendance.
Upcoming: Student Council candidates will give their speeches on Friday, September 30; elections will be the following Monday, October 3.