You are invited to a night of fun this Wednesday, April 5 at 6:30 pm to see the new and exciting products from Initials, inc.
Click here for more information.
All Saints Catholic Academy fully supports Marist High School and will be helping in their efforts to raise the funds necessary for them to remain open. In addition to the following ASCA events, you may also donate to Marist High School by clicking on this link.
Monday, March 27: Blue and Gold Tag Day — minimum donation of $1, though greater amounts are welcome. For more sizable donations, please make your check payable to Friends of Marist, Inc.
Tuesday, March 28: Coin Toss — toss your loose change into designated receptacles during morning drop-off.
Wednesday, March 29: Snack Sale — Faculty and staff are donating snacks and drinks to be sold to the students throughout the day.
Thursday, March 30: Prayer Service — During our regularly scheduled monthly guidance assembly, we will offer a prayer service with Marist High School as our special intention.
Thank you, Mrs. Cole, for organizing this effort!
Mrs. Minerley’s fifth graders have been learning Newton’s Laws of Motion through building (and eventually racing) balloon cars in class.
Here’s the first of a series of videos to see their progression (5B Balloon Cars).
On Saturday, March 11, members of the ASCA Choir participated in a choral workshop at Saint Dominic Academy. We were the guests of Mr. Joseph Napoli and his very well-known Dominos. While there, the students engaged in a variety of vocal exercises, practiced deep breathing, and even learned three new songs! We are very grateful for this opportunity that Sr. Rita facilitated for us!
- Students attended Mass on Wednesday, March 1, Ash Wednesday, which marks the beginning of Lent. A variety of Lenten practices and activities will be incorporated throughout the grade levels during this season of preparation for Easter.
- A select group of eighth graders are attending Project Accelerate Research Writing Classes at Marist High School on Friday mornings. Students participating in the program are: Camryn Cacace, Alessandra De Dios, Chase Pease, Jayline Rondon, and Monserrath Velez. We are grateful to Marist High School for offering this opportunity to our students.
- Student Council and Safety Patrol will be holding a St. Patrick’s Day Bake Sale on Fri., March 17th, to defray the cost of their 2017 Spring Leadership Trip to the 9/11 Memorial Museum on May 5th.
- ASCA celebrates Irish heritage during the month of March. The front hallway is decorated with all things Irish – photos, heirlooms, trinkets on loan from ASCA families
- All students attended an assembly themed “Helpfulness” which was the word of the month. The Spirit Club performed skits celebrating Dr. Seuss’s birthday. Students also viewed a video about Lent. Students of the month who best demonstrated Helpfulness are: Charles Sherno, Sidra Loiacono, Addison Aballo, Ella Garcia, Olivia Jurgensen, Casey Traba, Elizabeth Canela, Connor Wolenski, Anthony Weimmer, Julia Lipa, Grace Mulcahy, Katie Mulcahy, Dean Domingo, Lindsay Cacace, Lucas Tekle, Sophia Morales, Quincy De Leon, Ysabel Rabago, Brandon Kobryn, Jayline Rondon, Vincent Mattiello, and Nicholas Barreto. .
- The Second Trimester ended on Friday, March 3, and report cards were distributed on Friday, March 10.
- The Home School Association is sponsoring an Al Richards Easter Candy Sale.
- Terra Nova Tests were administered to students in grades two through eight during the week of March 6-10.
- We are having Open House for perspective new families on Wednesdays from 9:00 to 11:00 AM. For additional information or to arrange a tour, please call the school (201-443-8384).
Cinderella Cheesecake order forms have been sent home. Please return them at your earliest convenience. Orders may be picked up on April 7 from 3-5pm in the cafeteria.
Lent is a time when we focus on our faith, a faith formed through religious education and participating in the life of the Church. We are pleased to offer you a free subscription to FORMED.org. This website contains entertaining movies, enlightening programs, inspiring talks and a great selection of e-books for all ages that helps individuals to continue to grow in our relationship with God. Go to FORMED.org and create your free account using the code for Bl. Miriam Teresa Parish: 8V6MZ7. May this gift help form your spiritual life and inform you about your faith.
Thank you, Fr. Peter Wehrle, for extending this gift to the ASCA family.