- Students attended mass on Friday, October 7, the first Friday of October. The liturgy was preceded by the recitation of the living rosary to commemorate October as the month of the rosary.
- All students attended an assembly themed “Service” which was the word of the month for September. Students of the month who best demonstrated service to others are: Penelope Carrington, Aria Jamilano, Andrew Scheper, Ethan Pagnani, Hailey Pascarella, Quinn Iszczyk, Gia Logan, Raiden Doherty, Theodore Santos, Amanda Hitlan-Oleson, Alyssa Schmidt, Gracey Iszczyk, Samantha Russell, Maggie McCabe, Jessica Van Sant, Kelly Hester, Jon Sumague, Christian Weening, Brandon Maniego, Christopher Ponczek, Brigid McCabe, and Amber Kelly.
- A select group of eighth graders are attending Project Accelerate Art Classes at Marist High School on Friday mornings. Students participating in the program are: Connor Burke, Brigid McCabe, Kaine Malachi, Alec Martinez, and Anthony Bianciella. We are grateful to Marist High School for offering this opportunity to our students.
- Bayonne’s finest visited ASCA during the month of October for Fire Prevention Month. The firefighters instructed the children in grades PreK through eight in fire safety. Students in grades kindergarten through eight participated in the Bayonne Fire Department’s Fire Prevention Poster Contest.
- Friday, October 28, will be a “Pink Out” day at ASCA, coordinated by our school nurses, Mrs. Hansen and Mrs. Macanka. Faculty and staff will wear pink and contribute donations to help the Madeline Fiadini LoRe Foundation in its quest to conquer breast cancer.
- The Spirit Club sponsored a collection of new and gently used coats and jackets. The donated items were contributed to the Coat Drive coordinated by St. Vincent DePaul Parish.
- The Home School Association sponsored a Halloween Costume Drive. New and gently used Halloween costumes were donated to Hope House in Jersey City, a shelter for single Moms and their children.
- ASCA’s Student Council sponsors a collection of nonperishable food items and paper goods during the month of October to coordinate with “Make A Difference Day”. Items collected are donated to various parish and community food pantries.
- The Home School Association will sponsor a Trunk or Treat Halloween celebration on Saturday, October 29, from 2:00-4:00 PM. This annual event will be a fun time for all!
A big THANK YOU to the Bayonne Fire Department, especially the firefighters from the 4th Street Station, who came to talk to ASCA students about Fire Prevention on Friday, October 14th. The students had a blast spraying the fire hose and learned invaluable information to keep themselves and their families safe!
Look who was at the ASCA track meet!
On October 3rd Student Council Homeroom Representatives for Grades 5th through 7th were elected by the A.S.C.A.’s student body. Representatives must be in academic good standing and deliver their platforms in front of the student body. They embody A.S.C.A.’s motto of “Faith-Respect-Faith-Service.” This academic year A.S.C.A. saw it’s largest contingency of candidiates with over 35 students running for 6 positions. Student Council Officers were elected on May 23rd. Congratualtions to all those who ran and to all who won.
“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who’ll decide where to go…” -Dr. Seuss
Congratulations to All Saints Catholic Academy’s Class of 2016 who graduated on Friday, June 10, 2016. The Class of 2016 received over $780,000 in high school scholarships. We are very proud of you for all you have accomplished!
On June 9, 2016, All Saints Catholic Academy’s 2016- 2017 Student Council Officers were inducted during their Ring Ceremony Prayer Service celebrated by Rev. Philip Sanders. Student Council Officers from 2015- 2016 were on hand to help inaugurate the new officers. Pictured: (Top Row) 2015- 2016 Officers: Spiritual Director Tyler Macanka, Vice President Michael Novicio, President Benjamin Silver, Secretary Erica Hilado, and Treasure Joseph Vuolo. (Bottom Row): Moderator Diane Molesky, 2016- 2017 Officers: Spiritual Director Amber Kelley, Vice President Landon Paradine, President Gregory Van Sant, Secretary Brigid McCabe, Treasure AJ Bianciella, and Moderator Nicole Narese.