All Saints Catholic Academy is the Catholic elementary school of Bayonne, New Jersey. Classes began on September 3, 2008.
In 2006, the pastors of the four Catholic schools of Bayonne met with the staff of the Office of the Superintendent of Schools to plan for the future of Catholic elementary school education in the city. The financial status of the four parishes and the traditional model of school funding was not enough to guarantee the sustainability of four parish schools. After discussion, research into various finance and governance models, studies involving demographic projections, building audits and the involvement of representatives of every parish in the city of Bayonne the following conclusions were reached:
- One strong Catholic elementary academy would serve the Bayonne Catholic community.
- The school would have the support of all the parishes of Bayonne (not just those that currently had schools) and would follow the co-sponsorship model of governance with a Board of Pastors.
- A strong Board of Advisors would assist in the planning, advisement and direction of the academy in order that it may carry out its mission.
- A strong Home School Association would be formed in partnership with the academy on behalf of the students entrusted to its care.
- The academy would be located at the site of Saint Mary, Star of the Sea Parish. Click here for directions.
Archbishop John J. Myers approved the plans for the new academy and the name of All Saints Catholic Academy was chosen to reflect the heritage of the Bayonne schools that have served the people of the city for over 100 years. All Saints Catholic Academy was formally established on July 1, 2008.