Mrs. Minerley’s fifth graders have been learning Newton’s Laws of Motion through building (and eventually racing) balloon cars in class.
Here’s the first of a series of videos to see their progression (5B Balloon Cars).
On Saturday, March 11, members of the ASCA Choir participated in a choral workshop at Saint Dominic Academy. We were the guests of Mr. Joseph Napoli and his very well-known Dominos. While there, the students engaged in a variety of vocal exercises, practiced deep breathing, and even learned three new songs! We are very grateful for this opportunity that Sr. Rita facilitated for us!
- Students attended Mass on Wednesday, March 1, Ash Wednesday, which marks the beginning of Lent. A variety of Lenten practices and activities will be incorporated throughout the grade levels during this season of preparation for Easter.
- A select group of eighth graders are attending Project Accelerate Research Writing Classes at Marist High School on Friday mornings. Students participating in the program are: Camryn Cacace, Alessandra De Dios, Chase Pease, Jayline Rondon, and Monserrath Velez. We are grateful to Marist High School for offering this opportunity to our students.
- Student Council and Safety Patrol will be holding a St. Patrick’s Day Bake Sale on Fri., March 17th, to defray the cost of their 2017 Spring Leadership Trip to the 9/11 Memorial Museum on May 5th.
- ASCA celebrates Irish heritage during the month of March. The front hallway is decorated with all things Irish – photos, heirlooms, trinkets on loan from ASCA families
- All students attended an assembly themed “Helpfulness” which was the word of the month. The Spirit Club performed skits celebrating Dr. Seuss’s birthday. Students also viewed a video about Lent. Students of the month who best demonstrated Helpfulness are: Charles Sherno, Sidra Loiacono, Addison Aballo, Ella Garcia, Olivia Jurgensen, Casey Traba, Elizabeth Canela, Connor Wolenski, Anthony Weimmer, Julia Lipa, Grace Mulcahy, Katie Mulcahy, Dean Domingo, Lindsay Cacace, Lucas Tekle, Sophia Morales, Quincy De Leon, Ysabel Rabago, Brandon Kobryn, Jayline Rondon, Vincent Mattiello, and Nicholas Barreto. .
- The Second Trimester ended on Friday, March 3, and report cards were distributed on Friday, March 10.
- The Home School Association is sponsoring an Al Richards Easter Candy Sale.
- Terra Nova Tests were administered to students in grades two through eight during the week of March 6-10.
- We are having Open House for perspective new families on Wednesdays from 9:00 to 11:00 AM. For additional information or to arrange a tour, please call the school (201-443-8384).