- Students attended mass on Friday, October 7, the first Friday of October. The liturgy was preceded by the recitation of the living rosary to commemorate October as the month of the rosary.
- All students attended an assembly themed “Service” which was the word of the month for September. Students of the month who best demonstrated service to others are: Penelope Carrington, Aria Jamilano, Andrew Scheper, Ethan Pagnani, Hailey Pascarella, Quinn Iszczyk, Gia Logan, Raiden Doherty, Theodore Santos, Amanda Hitlan-Oleson, Alyssa Schmidt, Gracey Iszczyk, Samantha Russell, Maggie McCabe, Jessica Van Sant, Kelly Hester, Jon Sumague, Christian Weening, Brandon Maniego, Christopher Ponczek, Brigid McCabe, and Amber Kelly.
- A select group of eighth graders are attending Project Accelerate Art Classes at Marist High School on Friday mornings. Students participating in the program are: Connor Burke, Brigid McCabe, Kaine Malachi, Alec Martinez, and Anthony Bianciella. We are grateful to Marist High School for offering this opportunity to our students.
- Bayonne’s finest visited ASCA during the month of October for Fire Prevention Month. The firefighters instructed the children in grades PreK through eight in fire safety. Students in grades kindergarten through eight participated in the Bayonne Fire Department’s Fire Prevention Poster Contest.
- Friday, October 28, will be a “Pink Out” day at ASCA, coordinated by our school nurses, Mrs. Hansen and Mrs. Macanka. Faculty and staff will wear pink and contribute donations to help the Madeline Fiadini LoRe Foundation in its quest to conquer breast cancer.
- The Spirit Club sponsored a collection of new and gently used coats and jackets. The donated items were contributed to the Coat Drive coordinated by St. Vincent DePaul Parish.
- The Home School Association sponsored a Halloween Costume Drive. New and gently used Halloween costumes were donated to Hope House in Jersey City, a shelter for single Moms and their children.
- ASCA’s Student Council sponsors a collection of nonperishable food items and paper goods during the month of October to coordinate with “Make A Difference Day”. Items collected are donated to various parish and community food pantries.
- The Home School Association will sponsor a Trunk or Treat Halloween celebration on Saturday, October 29, from 2:00-4:00 PM. This annual event will be a fun time for all!
A big THANK YOU to the Bayonne Fire Department, especially the firefighters from the 4th Street Station, who came to talk to ASCA students about Fire Prevention on Friday, October 14th. The students had a blast spraying the fire hose and learned invaluable information to keep themselves and their families safe!